Cool Pools is dedicated to providing you and your family with a pool you can enjoy recreationally or just to lounge around in, but we also want you to be safe. Pools, like any body of water, can also pose a hazard. After making the decision to install you very own fiberglass pool, we will make sure that all safety requirements have been met and would love to discuss additional safety devices that are currently on the market with you.
Again, these are only a few tips to remember. Cool Pools recommends you review all the US safety guidelines which can be found at www.poolsafely.gov.
Here are a few general safety tips to follow:
- Never take your eyes off children in the water (always designate an adult who can swim)
- Teach your children how to swim
- Know CPR so you can help save a life during an emergency
- Keep a telephone near the pool
- Instruct baby sitters about the potential hazards and the need for constant supervision
- Never use a pool when its pool cover is partially in place (always remove the pool cover completely to avoid anyone becoming trapped)
- Place table and chairs away from pool fence to prevent children from climbing int the pool area
- Always remove toys from the water and store them away from the pool area Always enter the pool feet first (never dive into a pool that has water depth less than 8 feet)
- Make sure rescue equipment is accessible at all times
- Surround your pool with a 4' barrier, such as a fence with a self-closing and self-latching gate
- If a door to the house leads to the pool, secure doors with alarms that prevent children from wandering into pool area
|ALWAYS REMEMBER SAFETY FIRST!